Personal Lines Insurance Broker
Personal Lines Insurance Broker
Contract: Full Time Permanent
Experience: 3 Years
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Personal Lines Insurance Broker to join our Motor and Home Insurance team.
- You will be a confident, driven and focused individual who has a passion for customer service, building customer relationships and acquiring new business. You will be motivated to work on your own initiative and as part of a busy and driven team.
Key Responsibilities (including But Not Limited To)
- Providing advice on all aspects of Personal Insurance lines including but not limited to Car and Home Insurance.
- Ensuring that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations.
- Negotiating terms and placing business with underwriters.
- Delivering first class Customer Service in order to maintain existing client relationships, securing renewals and acquiring new clients.
- Gathering information from your clients and assessing their insurance needs and risk profile.
- Researching insurance companies’ policies and negotiating with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance cover for your clients.
- Issuing renewal invitations and processing midterm adjustments on existing client’s policies
- Confirming potential alternative quotes and rearranging cover with alternative insurer where appropriate
- Developing relationships with customers, insurance companies and underwriters.
- The successful Applicant should have an APA qualification (min) with a minimum of 3 years experience working in Commercial Insurance. Applicants need to demonstrate their compliance with the Central Bank of Ireland’s Minimum Competency Code. In line with Central Bank guidelines the successful applicant will be required to maintain their CPD hours annually.
- APA Personal Lines accreditation desirable
- Positive energy
- Drive and ambition
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent attention to detail / accuracy
- Experience working positively as part of a team
- Decision making skills and sound numeric skills
- Experience in an insurance-based customer service role in motor or home desirable
What we offer you:
- Hybrid working opportunity
- Opportunity to work with a leading Insurance Broker
- Career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to progress Insurance Qualifications
Apply with C.V.
We are here to help…
What our customers say...
We have worked with the Team at Sheridan Insurances for the past number of years on our Groups employees Health Insurance Scheme.Noeleen & her colleagues have provided a brilliant service giving clear and concise advice on a timely basis both to the company and on any employee queries that have arisen.
Stephen helped me out with my first car insurance policy. He was great, made the process very easy, got me a good deal and was super friendly!
Margaret McKeon B.
Fabulous service from Siobhan and the team in Sheridan Insurances. I am a client for a number of years and the services is always the same - perfect. A customer focused team.
Excellent support, guidance and advice from the QFA, Audrey Jameson
Thank you, Miriam, at Sheridan Insurance. Being able to discuss my home insurance needs as an Holistic Therapist was so stress free and easy with you. Your attention to detail and professional way made the whole process so smooth. Thank you for the human touch also, in taking the time to walk me through my policy. Highly recommending your services and supporting your local business in Navan. Co Meath. Thank you, Miriam Sheridan and Sheridan Insurance. Helen Colgan
Lifesavers – With 110% professionalism at all times, we were provided with much needed support and guidance under difficult circumstances, with a very tight deadline. Without the team in Sheridan Insurance’s diligence and effort, going the extra mile on more than one occasion, we can honestly say we wouldn’t have the secure future we can now look forward to. We would recommend Sheridan Insuances to anyone looking for any type of insurance. Hands down the best decision you'll make! Thank you Audrey, Brian and Niall. Richard & Maria Leonard
An absolute pleasure to deal with, there is great communicators in Sheridan insurance, Brian Flanagan is an absolute gentleman. Will definitely be in contact with Sheridan insurance in the near future.
Highly recommend this insurance company they have gone above and beyond to help me get my business insurance and at a great price.The staff couldn't have been any more helpful to me.Give them a call you wont be disappointed
I used Sheridan Insurances in Cavan today and the service was absolutely first class. They were helpful, knowledgeable, professional and polite. I can highly recommend Sheridan Insurances.
Well mannered and attended toWith ease and business done ..quickly
Great gang in sheridans insurance very easy to deal with.. especially Tommy Brady top man when you need one..
My name is Philip Sheridan Sides.I was buying a van on done deal when I saw the advert for Sheridan insurance. The playright Richard Brinsley Sheridan was one of my ancestors and that is where the Sheridan in my full name as we had the same name. \I rang the office for a quote and was put through to broker Kelly Crowe. My first premium was high as I had been with Dolman Insurance who specialise in Camper vans and my no claims on the camper van was not able to transfer. This is something I believe the insurance industry should change as it is unfair on camper van drivers who like myself at the tie use the vehicle as their only method of transport.This was seven years ago. I am a very busy free lance photographer, musician and I run an NGO called Whistles for Refugees.The NGO collects unwanted tents and sleeping bags at festivals, thus saving them from landfill thus turning this landfill into aid for the most vulnerable people on this planet fleeing the horrors of ISIS. Whistles for Refugees also brings whistles out to refugee camps, music is healing and the Irish tin whistle gives the opportunity for the refugees to learn and play Irish music with an instrument that is light portable, inexpensive to buy and relatively easy to learn.Sheridan Insurance are currently researching for an underwriter to provide public liability insurance for our NGO so that our volunteers are covered should they get pricked by a needle while cleaning out tents at festivals or any other risk involved in our work.Broker Kelly Crowe has been amazing at her job. From the very beginning Kelly was able to organise a quote, with my line of work and my bad luck with vehicles I am often having to rent replacement cars to make sure I get to my commissions safely and punctually. I am never 5 mins from getting my insurance transferred to keep my rental costs lower. I needed a copy of my no claims bonus to get insured on my partners camper van and this was emailed to me within 5 mins of my request, even though this was with a different firm!I also run a tour business bringing clients on adventures with sea kayaking and photography. Once again my broker was able to produce a policy that was affordable and organised with minimal fuss in minimal time.For quality, price and especially (what I believe is the most important in business) service, Sheridan insurance is second to none.I could not recommend Sheridan Insurance and my broker Kelly Crowe enough.
We all hate shopping for insurance but the brokers at Sheridans do all the legwork for you and find the best deal and the cover you actually need - plus they are easy to deal with. You get assigned a broker and you can actually speak to a real human being. Great idea.