Commercial Insurance Broker
Contract: Full Time Permanent
Experience: 3 Years
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a General Insurance Broker to join the Sheridan Insurance’s team. You will be eager to provide the highest level of customer service, advice, and guidance to our clients on their insurance requirements ensuring that a professional service is provided at all times.
- You will be a confident, driven and focused individual who has a passion for sales, customer service and making a difference. You will be motivated to work on your own initiative and as part of a busy and driven team.
Key Responsibilities (including But Not Limited To)
- Providing advice on all aspects of Commercial Insurance. Ensuring that your clients understand the terms and the extent of the cover provided in line with industry regulations.
- Negotiating terms and placing business with underwriters.
- Delivering first class Customer Service in order to maintain existing client relationships in addition to adding new clients.
- Gathering information from your clients and assessing their insurance needs and risk profile.
- Researching insurance companies’ policies and negotiating with underwriters to find the most suitable insurance cover for your clients.
- Advising your clients on risk management and helping to devise new ways to mitigate risks, for example by adding security measures such as fencing, surveillance cameras or lighting to commercial properties to reduce the likelihood of a break-in.
- Developing relationships with customers, insurance companies and underwriters.
- The successful Applicant should have an APA qualification (min) with a minimum of 3 years experience working in Commercial Insurance. Applicants need to demonstrate their compliance with the Central Bank of Ireland’s Minimum Competency Code. In line with Central Bank guidelines the successful applicant will be required to maintain their CPD hours annually.
- Professional work ethic.
- Positive energy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Can work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Comfortable with being held accountable.
- Enjoys variety.